Ancient breed of sheep, which are thought to have originated in Syria 3000 years ago
79 to 160 cm
80 to 480 kg
Jacob Sheep Facts
- These are a rare breed of black and white spotted (piebald) sheep.
- Sometimes they are kept for ornamental purposes or for guarding other livestock.
- These are very hardy sheep, which very rarely need veterinary care.
- They shed their fleece once a year at springtime and on the farm they are shorn.
- Their wool can then be sold to make into yarn.
These animals can grow up to 6 horns, which usually curl.